Lockdown Band Worship
What the people of our Connexion community have in common is a sense of belonging, a shared faith in Jesus and a need to connect with and support each other.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, our churches have been sustaining these values with the creation of online Connexion services, readings, gatherings, prayer and worship.
Over the past seven months the team at Wormley Free Church has also been creating video and audio recordings of worship music for congregations and friends to enjoy. Now these recordings have been brought together in a dedicated website The Official Site of Wormley Lockdown Band! Click here to access the songs and videos created during these times.
We are grateful for the innovation and dedication of so many individuals from the Connexion community in keeping us together online. It demonstrates and reminds us of God’s presence and provision for our lives, when we come together in worship and prayer. Whether our church buildings are open or closed, we are one body:
Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to us. (Romans 12: 4-6)
We thank God for the ways in which He has enabled the many gifts evident within our church communities to join in praise and worship as members of one body.
Online services, gatherings, worship and prayer
During this period where many of our buildings have needed to remain closed, our Connexion churches have created new and effective ways to enable you to join together for services, gatherings, worship and prayer. These are available via church websites, Facebook, You Tube pages and Zoom meetings.
- The new Lockdown Band website is hosting songs, video and audio recordings put together during the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. Link: www.wormleylockdownband.com
- Wormley Free Church is posting Sunday services each week, which can be accessed though their website. The services are followed by a Zoom get-together for a virtual cup of coffee and a chat. Link: www.wormleyfreechurch.org.uk.
- Rosedale Community Church has a selection of Sunday messages available on their You Tube page. Link: Rosedale Community Church
- Bolney Village Chapel is streaming Sunday services on their Facebook page. The services begin at 10.30am for approximately 45 mins and include worship, Bible readings and teaching. Link: www.facebook.com/bolneyvillagechapel
- South Street Free Church has also been posting Sunday services on their You Tube page, including Bible readings, hymns, songs and sermons. Link: South Street Free Church
- Goring Free Church is streaming Sunday video recordings on their You Tube page. Each week there is a playlist of worship songs to accompany the series of sermons. Link: Goring Free Church
- Sheppey Evangelical Church is posting recorded messages, including prayer and scripture readings each Sunday on their You Tube page. On the first Sunday of each month Communion is celebrated. Link: Sheppey Evangelical Church