Containers: Praise the Lord!
We are delighted to be able to inform you that the Director of Finance at Freetown port, Sierra Leone has signed off the containers bound for Bethesda. Praise the Lord!
The next hurdle is to negotiate potential dock charges. These are based on daily fees and the containers have been held at the docks since 5 December. Further prayer is requested that this will be kept to a minimum (or even better, zero!) bearing in mind this delay is through no fault of our own.
The containers should now been on their way to Bethesda and we greatly look forward to receiving photographs of their arrival, which will be accompanied by many happy faces!
Inside the containers is a whole range of items, eagerly awaited by the Bethesda community:
- Shoe bags from Zion Community Church, St.Ives, Cradley Chapel, Ebley Chapel and Woodmancote Church
- Sleeping bags, blankets, sheets, towels, curtains
- Table cloths, crockery and cutlery
- Clothes and shoes for adults and children
- At least 60 boxes of new school uniforms
- 100s of school text books - children's story books, adult Christian books, and some new books that have been donated for the Evangelical library
- Assorted toys, as well as balls for football and netting for goals
- Furniture, bunk beds, cots, settees, and desks for Magnus and Daniel
- Sewing machines and manual typewriter for blind folk
On behalf of The Connexion and Sierra Leone Mission, please may we thank you for your continued prayer. God listens!
If you would like to contribute towards the important work of The Connexion both in the UK and in Sierra Leone, please click on Donations. All contributions, no matter how small, are of huge value to enable us to continue the legacy of the Countess of Huntingdon.