Safety guidance and regulations for places of worship during the Coronavirus pandemic are periodically updated on Gov.uk: Covid-19 Guidance. The most recent update is 14 September, following the 'rule of six' announcement.
Some of our churches have been able to reopen their doors to a portion of their congregations, carefully following Covid-19 safety guidelines. But for those who are not able to attend Sunday services by visiting our church buildings, virtual services continue to be available online.
A number of our Connexion churches are continuing to organise virtual gatherings that are available for our community to join via church websites, Facebook, You Tube pages and Zoom meetings.
The initiative has been well received and very popular, enabling members of our Connexion Community to come together for Sunday services, messages, worship and prayer meetings, during the period where our church buildings have been closed or attendance is restricted.
Virtual Sunday Church Services and Meetings
- Wormley Free Church is posting Sunday services each week, which can be accessed though their website. The services are followed by a Zoom get-together for a virtual cup of coffee and a chat. Link: www.wormleyfreechurch.org.uk.
- Rosedale Community Church has a selection of Sunday messages available on their You Tube page. Link: Rosedale Community Church
- Bolney Village Chapel is streaming Sunday services on their Facebook page. The services begin at 10.30am for approximately 45 mins and include worship, Bible readings and teaching. Link: www.facebook.com/bolneyvillagechapel
- South Street Free Church has also been posting Sunday services on their You Tube page, including Bible readings, hymns, songs and sermons. Link: South Street Free Church
- Goring Free Church is streaming Sunday video recordings on their You Tube page. Each week there is a playlist of worship songs to accompany the series of sermons. Link: Goring Free Church
- Sheppey Evangelical Church is posting recorded messages, including prayer and scripture readings each Sunday on their You Tube page. On the first Sunday of each month Communion is celebrated. Link: Sheppey Evangelical Church
It's a great way to keep our strong community together during these strange and difficult times, and our churches welcome you to join in!